Key Works Delivered on Site
Vibro Stone Columns
Date / Duration
July 2020 / 6 wks
Topsoil Strip Volume
Employed by Miller Homes to complete the enabling works contract on a former Scottish Power Substation site to provide development platforms for the construction of 61 new residential properties.
Project challenges / GDL solutions
- The close proximity to an existing residential area and local business meant that it was essential disruption to the local community was kept to a minimum.
- The site was also bordered by a live railway line and a busy main road so these both had to be taken into account during the construction of our works.
Project benefits for the client
Download as a PDF < Back
- Removed the need for previously proposed piling and trenchfill by utilising a combination of vibro stone columns and modification to provide development platforms. This in turn provided cost savings and cost certainty for our client.
- Topsoil screened to deem it suitable for site reuse.
- Import and export was minimised bringing environmental benefits.