New National Women's Prison
Cornton Vale, Stirling
Scottish Prison Service
Date / Duration
June 2021 / 10wks
Key Works Delivered on Site
Topsoil Strip Volume
We were employed to complete the enabling works contract to form stabilised piling mats for the new women’s prisoner blocks for the new National Women’s Prison at Cornton Vale.
Project challenges / GDL solutions
- A very tight site located alongside the existing prison meant that it was essential to adhere to site working hours and ensure disruption was kept to a minimum.
- Due to the location of the site security was of paramount importance.
- A phased handover of the completed piling platforms to the follow-on contractor allowed early foundation construction.
Project benefits for the client
Download as a PDF < Back
- Our solution allowed the reuse of site won material to form the temporary piling platforms which in turn reduced the requirement to export site worn materials and replace with imported virgin aggregates..
- The limited lorry movements not only minimised disruption to the local community and existing prison but reduced the carbon footprint of the contract.